The combination of the Guide to Flourishing (36 pages) and the Flourish Variations (37 pages) is your perfect resource learning the technique creating flourishes and having many flourish solutions for every letter as an inspiration. In addition you can practice directly with both to improve your skills.
If you are a calligrapher, a letterer or you love handwriting, the Guide and the Workbook will give you the details and clarity about the world of flourishes you were looking for.
The Guide to Flourishing (new Version 36 pages 11/2022) has all information you need to learn how to create flourishes around your lettering. You will have all important rules about creating these beautiful curves. Beyond that you will find the definition, function, challenges, Do’s and Don’ts, typical forms and inspirations for flourishes. You will learn how to improve your flourishes with practice sheets. In addition you can check 14 Boxes with the essential rules to keep in mind creating flourishes.
Content of the Guide to Flourishing:
• Function and definition of flourishes
• Important design principles regarding flourishes
• Techniques to do flourishes
• Classic flourish positions and flourish forms
• main aspects to consider creating flourishes
• Overlapping flourishes
• Do’s and Don‘ts
• Checkbox with 14 essential rules
• How to be inspired and Examples of inspiring flourished artwork
• Eight pages with exercises to improve your flourishes
• Digitising process for artworks with flourishes
• Introduction of the Flourish Club
Flourish Variations workbook (37 pages 8/2022) shows you four beautiful and proven flourish variations for each lowercase and uppercase letter (208 ideas). This beautiful collection can give you the right idea for creating flourishes in any situation. You can also practice all the variations effectively to improve the quality of your letters with flourishes. It is a perfect complement to the Guide to Flourishing with the rules and principles.
Flourish Variations includes:
• Insight into the main flourish shapes and what to look for
• Variable exercises to warm up and improve the oval shape
• Four proven flourish variations for each lowercase letter
• Four proven flourish variations for each uppercase letter
• Exercise template to trace and independently write/draw each letter with flourish
• Guide to look up if you are in need for a specific flourish idea
• Examples of how these flourish ideas work with whole words